Hand Surgery in Santa Barbara, CA
It can be said that the hands give away age more than any other part of the body. Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS, offers hand surgery and hand rejuvenation options for men and women in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Santa Maria, and nearby neighborhoods in California.
What Is Hand Rejuvenation?
Hands are one of the first places where the telltale signs of aging become apparent. Even if you have taken steps to keep your face and neck looking youthful, sun-damaged, veiny, wrinkled hands can make you look older than you are. There are a number of effective techniques to rejuvenate your hands, improving the quality and texture of your skin, while decreasing the wrinkling and prominent veins.
Hand rejuvenation may include:
How Is Hand Rejuvenation Performed?
There are several options for hand rejuvenation. These can be used alone or in combination to enhance the overall results.
- Autologous fat grafting (also known as fat transfer) re-injects your own natural fatty tissue into your hands to add volume, cover underlying vessels and tendons, and improve the quality of your skin over time. It is important to note that if you have poor circulation from vascular disease, diabetes, chemotherapy, HIV/AIDS and smoking, you may not get as much of the graft volume to take as other patients.
- Fillers, such as calcium hydroxylapatite or hyaluronic acid, can be used to add volume to your hands and fill in around protruding bones and veins.
- Chemical peels, intense pulsed light (IPL), or laser skin resurfacing may be used to treat fine wrinkles, skin discoloration, sun damage or age spots.
- Sclerotherapy or laser vein treatments can treat noticeable or protruding veins.
- Skin excision to remove loose, excess skin on the hands.
Many of these procedures require multiple treatments to give you the best result. You should allow time between treatments to permit swelling and bruising to dissipate.
What Will My Hand Rejuvenation Incisions And Scars Be Like?
If you have fat injections, the liposuction incisions to obtain the fat are very small and just large enough to allow the suction tube, or cannula, to go under the skin and remove the fat. The incisions used for injecting the fat into the hand regions are equally small. If there was loose skin that was removed surgically, the scars are on the top of the wrist and can be hidden by a watch or bracelet.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Temporary fillers usually last from three months to one year. Fat grafts are usually long lasting. Injections may be repeated when necessary. Results of skin tightening will depend on the type of treatment used. Patients with a history of impaired healing, such as diabetes, ongoing sun exposure, and smoking (or exposure to secondhand smoke) will see a less dramatic initial result and a shorter lasting result.
To help prolong your hand rejuvenation results, it is important to avoid sun exposure and to take precautions such as wearing gloves and regularly applying moisturizer.
How Much Does Hand Surgery in Santa Barbara Cost?
The cost of your hand surgery can vary based on a variety of factors. We discuss the cost during a consultation with Dr. Yegiyants along with our payment and financing options through Alphaeon® and CareCredit®. Your initial consultation is complimentary
Learn more about how Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS, can help you revitalize your hands. Contact our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation. We proudly serve men and women in the neighborhoods of Santa Barbara, Ventura, Santa Maria, as well as surrounding areas.