Laser Hair Removal in Santa Barbara, CA
Hair on your body doesn’t need to be a “fact of life.” Laser hair removal is a solution to unwanted hair. Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS, offers laser hair removal treatments to men and women living in or near Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Santa Maria.
Bare your skin again and look your best with hair removal on all areas of your body including:
- Underarms – Arms
- and more…
Light-Based Hair Removal (Icon™ Laser)
- Tired of constantly shaving and waxing unwanted facial and body hair?
- With light-based hair removal you can get the touchable skin you’ve always wanted.
- All you need is a few simple treatments to get lasting results.
- Treatments are fast, easy and practically pain- free!
How Does It Work?
- This light-based technology emits gentle pulses of energy into the skin to target and heat hair follicles responsible for growth.
- The follicle absorbs the energy and is destroyed, unable to produce hair again.
Hair Growth Cycles:
Active phase of hair growth.
Lasts for several months.
Best phase for Laser Hair Removal.
During this brief phase, the hair bulb regresses and begins to shrink.
Resting phase of hair growth.
Lasts a few months then hair is released.
Anagen phase begins again.
Why Choose Icon™ Laser?
The advantages of light-based hair removal are clear:
- Long-term results.
- Fast treatment sessions that take only minutes – Great for reducing hair from larger areas.
- Comfortable treatments with no downtime.
The Industry’s Only Melanin Reader
Skintel® Melanin Reader™
- Advanced technology measures the skins melanin index at each treatment.
- This index is used to determine the ideal settings for each individual patient.
- This increases the safety and results for each treatment.
Advance Contact Cooling™
- As the provider guides the handpiece over the treatment area you will feel cooling on the skin.
- This contact cooling maximizes your comfort during the treatment, making it an extremely tolerable experience.
What areas can be treated?
- Hair on most areas of the body can be treated including face, back, chest, arms, underarms, bikini and legs.
What type of result can I expect?
- Expect to see a gradual decrease in the hair thickness and in the amount of hair present in the area.
How long does the treatment take?
- The treatment takes just minutes for small areas and about 30 minutes for larger areas.
What does the procedure feel like?
- Patients describe a range of sensations from tingling to the snap of a rubber band during the procedure.
When can I resume my daily activities?
- Typically, there is no downtime and you can return to your daily activities immediately following the procedure.
How many treatments will I need?
- Since our hair grows in cycles, multiple treatments are often recommended for desired results. Other factors that influence this include hair color, texture and area being treated.
What can I expect following the treatment?
- Typically, most people experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling immediately following the treatment. This usually lasts two to 24 hours. Speak with your provider to discuss possible side- effects and the necessary post-treatment care.